Updating with wow ace updater went fine, all addons were listed on the character select screen, but when I get into the game none of the ace addons are working. No slash command of any ace addon works.
However all other non ace addons works perfectly fine.
I found no way to fix this so I deleted my interface folder and redownloaded all addons manually from files.wowace.com, and they worked fine again. I then tried updating them with ace updater again (luckily this time I was smart enough to backup my interface folder) and I got the same exact problem again. I even tried with deleting my wtf (!) folder, with no luck.
I know I've used wow ace updater before on my old computer, and had no problems at all.