Didn't want to start a new thread but I had a couple of things to mention (WoWAce):
- Can we (finally) lose the "dirty paper" background and color for content areas ? The blue looks good but white with some grey would be easier on the eyes and at least match the blue. Or at least have an option for a modern vs classic version. :P
- It needs more white space. Using a 24" monitor, the content area only covers half of the page while the text itself looks crammed into the centered container. It works on the Curse version because the content area's background color is consistent. But with what seems like "boxed-in" content it's kind of distracting. At a minimum, throw some padding into the main container and make it all the same background color with just some slight accents to divide the center content from the left/right columns.
- Both versions should have a quick-access link to the author's projects page on the front page and/or an quick-glance info box.
I like the change on WoWAce of using the "parchment" across the page. It's much more eye-friendly. Thanks! A few more things I've noticed (WoWAce, again):
- Content area fonts are too small. Check the comments section of those pages for better font sizes (or even this page). - There's too little whitespace for paragraphs, especially after <h#> tags. It makes the text look crammed together. A line-height adjustment should be sufficient.
- Bullets seem to be limited to squares.
-Too many boxes. The main content area really could be just one white box with a single pixel line dividing the two columns.
- The "blue" buttons at the top-right (download, etc), look out of place. Perhaps more saturation or lighter with no gradient?
- The brownish text for the right-hand column of project info is hard to read. Black/dark gray is fine. :p
- Back to boxes: "Recent Files", "Members", etc. in the cream colored boxes are a bit much. Just leave it white with a faint horizontal border between each. :p
- Markdown: Support syntax highlighting.
- Markdown: Numbered lists aren't working correctly.
- The "Table of Contents" click area overlaps the first line of the description text making it hard to click on a link in that first line.
Heck, I've got some free time if you guys are short on it. :)