Try using the WoWAceUpdater and updating JasonQuest with forced embeds. The issue you're seeing is related to an old version of embeds.
Alternatively, you can grab JasonQuest from here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9561-JasonQuest.html as I've just updated the zip with the most recent embeds.
- Registered User
Member for 19 years and 21 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 21:29:42
- 0 Followers
- 52 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
May 10, 2008JasonQuest v1.04.72005:Posted in: General AddOns
- Fixed semi-rare Comm.lua:3 bug
- Fixed not-so-rare Comm.lua:40 bug
- Hopefully fixed objective completion for non numbered objectives (i.e. Energize
a Crystal Ward for Arm the Wards!)
- Various cleanup
- Reduced ping frequency
Apr 27, 2008JasonQuest v1.04.71815Posted in: General AddOns
+ Added version notifications on-frame
+ Modified playersOnQuest functions to ignore debug mode
+ Modified playersOnQuest indicator to be colored a light blue when you're one of the players on the quest
Apr 21, 2008JasonQuest v1.04.70752Posted in: General AddOns
- Modified the way LightHeaded_JasonQuest is supported
- Support for LightHeaded r230
- Requires JasonQuest v1.04.70752
- There is now a tab on the main JasonQuest frame to show/hide LH. It still forces a detach however, as that's really the only way this works.
Mar 20, 2008Part of the problem is that JasonQuest hasn't been updated in a while, so the WoWAceUpdater isn't touching them and updating the libs. Force an update with embeds and it'll grab the most recent libs for JQuest. This is what I've been doing and I'm not experiencing any issues with ~70 addons.Posted in: General AddOns
Anyway, as to the question to the unwieldiness of my code, I feel that some 'splainin may help. Unfortunately because of the way Blizzard sends those events, I have very specifically crafted the QUEST_LOG_UPDATE code.
There are a few issues related to this event...
Expanding / Collapsing quests changes quests available through the Blizzard API, and it makes the QUEST_LOG_UPDATE event unreliable. So my workaround was to unregister the event when looking at the log (since I have to expand them all out first to make sure I get them all) and then re-register afterwards. Of course then I ran into a strange issue where AceEvent would not always properly re-register the event if the call to re-register came from within the event function (even when that call was a call to another function that would call the AceEvent function). It would say it did, but in fact would not trigger the function. So my workaround for that was to set up a recurring function that would register it, completely separate from the QUEST_LOG_UPDATE event functions.
Moving forward, I may rewrite the event code in JQuest to just not use AceEvent altogether. I haven't had time to look at Ace3 yet though so that may be an option as well. I didn't even know it was out there and being used yet!
Mar 6, 2008I haven't been able to reproduce this error. It looks like AceComm on your installation is screwed though.Posted in: General AddOns
Try running just JQuest and see if you still get the error. If not, start enabling the other addons in small batches until you start getting the error again.
Let me know if you're able to narrow it down and I'll take a look for a workaround.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.